Multilingual journal "Bulletin of Social Sciences" (with regularity of 3 issues a year) is the leading Armenological publication of National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia. It was founded in1940 as a publication of the Armenian branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR ("Proceedings of Armfan"). In 1943-1945 it was renamed "Proceedings of Social Sciences of the Academy of Sciences of Arm.SSR", and from 1966 the journal is published under the name of "Bulletin of Social Sciences". In 1940-1947 the journal was not published regularly. From 1948 till 1990 it was monthly, in 1991 it was published with regularity of 6 issues a year, in 1992-1995 " 4 issues a year, and since 1996 up to now it has been published 3 times a year.
In the course of different years the journal has been headed by well-known Armenologists H.Orbeli, M.Nersissyan, A.Hovhannissyan. Ts.Aghayan, G.Stepanyan, H.Aslanyan, H.Injikyan, V.Mikayelyan.
Beginning from 1988 doctor of historical sciences, professor Albert A.Kharatyan is the editor-in-chief of the journal. "Bulletin of Social Sciences" publishes articles on history, philosophy, law, sociology, politology, economics, philology, art criticism and also archival materials. The weighable part of its content are armenological researches. The journal has heading "Scientific News". Over the whole 60 and more years many valuable researches on the most burning scientific questions are being published, presenting new word, such as: materials on the Armenian Question, Armenian Genocide, on the history and culture of Armenia and foreign Armenian colonies, Mountainous Gharabagh, the Artsakh war, etc. In such headings of the journal, as "History and Politology", "Philosophy and Law", "Geography", "Linguistics and Literary Criticism", "Culture and Art Criticism", "Archaeology and Ethnography", and also "Book Review", "Debates and Discussions" materials on social sciences and Armenology are published with proper scientific estimation and critical approach.
The journal promoted the scientific development of many generations of Armenologists and specialists in the field of social sciences. Besides the scholars of our country, those of the Diaspora also contribute to the journal. Armenological researches in Armenian, Russian, English, French, Italian, German and other languages are published in the journal. The journal is sent to different foreign countries.
The volume of the journal is 17-18 print.sheets, the number of copies - 200.
The editorial staff with the following members contributes to the journal:
Aghassyan A. V. - doctor of art-criticism, director of institute of Art, NAS RA
Barkhudaryan V. B. - academician of NAS RA (history), acad. secretary of department of
Armenology and social sciences
Gevorgyan H. A. - academician of NAS RA (philosophy)
Harutyunyan B. H. - corresponding member of NAS RA (history)
Harutyunyan G. G. - executive secretary
Harutyunyan V. L. - doctor of economical sciences, director of institute of Economics named after M. Kh. Kotanyan
Hovhannissyan N. H. - corresponding member of NAS RA (history)
Karapetyan R. K. - doctor of historical sciences, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary in Italy
Khachatryan L. M. - doctor of philological sciences, head of the faculty of the Armenian language of the Yerevan State Pedagogical University named after Kh. Abovyan
Khojabekyan V. Ye. - academician of NAS RA (economics)
Melkonyan A. A. - corresponding member of NAS RA (history), director of institute of History , NAS RA
Yeghiazaryan A. K. - doctor of philological sciences
Among the editors of the journal work such experienced editor-journalisists, as M. Mikayelyan and G. Harutyunyan (executive secretary).
|Copyright 2009 © All rights reserved.
The site is created thanks to the sponsorship of orientalist,
doctor of historical sciences Mr. Ruben Karapetyan